1.
This post in my
opinion shows a lot of my writer’s voice. I create this by putting my
personality in the post as well as my thoughts about the book I am reading. For
example I created voice by adding in those parentheses to show my side thoughts
as I am creating my posts. I said,” Actually a twisted story” (Harris). This is
reflecting back on what I had said before as a side thought I was trying to get
out. This specifically shows my personality by being straight forward to my
opinion and thoughts. I also added the word,” personally” (Harris) to my post
showing that it’s my opinion and I’m expressing my voice. The voice I show
through my posts in very informal and as if I’m talking to my readers.
2.
In the post I created
I used very purposeful but informal diction. Using informal or low diction is
where your voice can be portrayed. I like to make it easy for the reader to understand
my view and my writing personality. I said,” (The main reason why I chose to
read this book” (Harris) as informal diction to show the real and easiest way
to show why I chose to read the book I did, but simply talking to the reader. I
used a lot of unique syntax in this post as well. Using the punctuation I did,
or the parenthesis helps convey a lot. It shows my voice as well as informal
diction. I used very consistent sentence lengths being not too long but not too
short as well. I show both of these techniques in the sentence that says,” Some
of his books like The Last Song or The Notebook even have a movie
telling the same story.(Actually a twisted story)” (Harris). As you can see I also
related back to other stories the author of my book has written to help the
reader understand more.
No comments:
Post a Comment